What should Small Business Owners do the week of Christmas?
Welcome to the week of Christmas! Here’s a question I’m asked all the time by Small Business Owners (SBOs), “What should I work on this week of Christmas?” It’s a good question and may determine if YOUR Business Performance wraps up the year on a bang instead of a bust!
When I was an Executive Recruiter, I was taught: “Don’t stop for anything!”
This wisdom has served me well over the past 20 years, and once again I share it with you. I’ll add a caveat: Shift some of your activities to be ones of good cheer.
The week of Christmas is a great time to be working. I know you want to push back on that big time – just give me a moment please.
Why work the Week of Christmas?
- People don’t want to work, so they’ll make time for you.
- Almost everyone is more amiable this time of year – get your “yes” with less effort.
- People appreciate learning about upcoming events.
Yes, this is all about working with a trend. Everyone’s focus is all about the holidays and holiday cheer. Align and join them.
What to do the Week of Christmas?
- Call old clients/customers, or potential customers, for quick light-hearted touch-ins.
- Drop by customers, or potential customers, for visit with coffee or hot cocoa.
- Meet customers, or potential customers, for a meal to get caught up and chill out.
Everyone is slowing down this week- you shouldn’t. Just change your activities a little bit to meet your marketplace where they are during this week and next.
Additional Business Support Activities for YOUR Business…
This week and next are great weeks to get caught up on all sorts of things around your workplace. You want to close out the year strong. If you aren’t gifting customers with appreciation, what could you still do to make that happen in-house?
- Work ahead creating awesome blogs, videos, social media posts?
- Work ahead on completing anything you still need for next year’s new projects?
- Begin preparing for your accountant visit?
- Workplace tidy up?
- Dream just a little bigger as to what you could make happen next year?
Of course, the priority to any week throughout the year is to take on the activities which get you closest to a sale or generating revenue. And when your marketplace doesn’t want to play like that, shift to what’s in this post. You’ll be highly productive and YOUR Future Business Success will be more secure because of these activities.
If you’d like to stay productive during the holidays and spend time chilling out watching some movies, check out our Business Movie Reviews of Holiday movies and have some productive fun.
Enjoy and have oodles of fun during this most wonderful time of the year!
What are you doing this week that’s productive and setting-up your Future Business for Success? Feel free to share in the comments section to help other readers learn.
THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO HELP YOU
SIMPLIFY YOUR SMALL BUSINESS SUCCESS!
Start-UP, Clean-UP, or Step-UP YOUR Business Today!
Simplify Small Business Coaching & Strategies:
Call Maggie (262) 716.7750 for YOUR No-cost Consultation
p.s. Remember: get your work done efficiently so you can enjoy this time of year!
Copyright: This article is copyrighted by Brilliant Breakthroughs, Inc. The internet is about sharing. Please share this post in its entirety with full attribution to Brilliant Breakthroughs, Inc. at www.BrilliantBreakthroughs.com. Thank you.