TODAY’S BUSINESS STRATEGY:
YOUR Excellence Matters!
Business Rescue Coach Maggie asks you:
Do you play the excellence game?
Are you aware of exactly what YOUR Excellence is to share?
Do you know how to position YOUR Excellence in the marketplace?
YOUR Business Strategy today is to stop for 5-10 minutes and ponder what YOUR Excellence may be and if you are maximizing it personally and/or professionally.
Why, and what the heck to I mean when I say “Your Excellence”? Let’s first address what is excellence, then YOUR Excellence, and finally how to leverage it in your marketplace.
Excellent & Excellence Defined
My Grandparent’s Dictionary, The American Heritage Dictionary, always cuts to the point. It reveals: Excellent is: being of the highest or finest quality /exceptionally good or superb / surpassing superiority. (It also defines excel as: To be better than / surpass / or outdo. Excellence is defined as the state or quality of excelling or superiority.)
The Excellence Game matters!
So how does it typically appear? Well, think of the best service you ever had in your life.
- What made it superior?
- Why did it surpass other similar services you have received?
- How did it make you feel when you experienced excellence from another?
- Why do you still remember it?
- How many people did you tell about this excellent experience?
Why Does YOUR Excellence Matter?
It does matter! Precisely for the reasons you gave above! My question is: Why wouldn’t you want to be know for superior service?
Playing the Excellence Game really means you need to always be giving your best – all the time! And if for some reason you don’t, apologize in a most excellent way. Hey, does anyone feel like “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” is lurking in here? … to coin their phrase, “Way” and Most Excellent” 🙂
My Most Recent Excellence Story
I shared with you a while back that I was in a pretty good motorcycle crash. Prior to that I had accepted an invitations to speak at a Champions Circle ( a group of my potential Ideal Customers). When I spoke with the organizer of this gathering I shared that I was fine and would be able to keep my commitment because I was feeling so much better than I had just 3 weeks prior, when my accident initially occurred. But when I went, I wasn’t performing in a superior manner— the pain was intense and my mind was less than sharp!
So, what did I do to show up in an excellent way once I recovered enough and realized what had occurred? Well, I sent an apology to each attendee explaining what they had experienced and why. Additionally, I authentically apologized and to compensate, I offer each attendee to take me up on and excellent opportunity to personally work with me AND of course at no charge.
So what made this of highest quality? I took the time to not just apologize, but truly crafted an authentic apology (one person shared it was beautiful letter). What made it WAY excellent? The offer of inviting them to be with me – one on one to assist them with a brilliant breakthrough. The surpassing superiority was when the invitation invited them to do something which wouldn’t have occurred in a group setting. Cool, isn’t it? …Way 🙂 And, I’m really looking forward to sitting down with them and helping them have a couple brilliant breakthroughs! You see, because I play the Excellence Game, my service is always improving… I’m always asking “What else can I do or be to create a better ____ ?”
What exactly is YOUR Excellence?
- Well, what is it that you do, be, or are that everyone compliments you about?
- What is it that everyone thanks you for doing?
- What is it that you know you always do well?
- What is it that brings you great joy?
- What do you do well that is effortless for you?
YOUR Brilliant Action Items to YOUR Excellence:
- Ponder if you are excelling at YOUR Excellence (once a day is ideal, once a week is good).
- Pick one thing to move YOUR Excellence Meter of Brilliance (c) in a favorable way.
- Highlight, really emphasize this with others on your social media profiles, you blog, your conversations with potential clients. CAUTION: Be sure you are capable of consistently delivering it and it isn’t coming off as egotistical!
- Apply techniques, and take on another Excellence Game move – it matters for YOUR Success!
Which product or service can you amp up to master YOUR Excellence and what’s a way you can do it? Feel free to Leave a Reply & Comment so we can all help each other build Brilliant Businesses 🙂
It can be all different this year…
if you plan to deliver different results in 2013!
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Business Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750 FYI: I’m in the Central Time Zone