3rd Quarter Countdown
Do you have your 3rd Quarter ending on a high note?
Are you pleased with what you are able to accomplish this quarter?
Do you still need to find a way to make your 3rd Quarter Goals?
Today, yes as of today, we only have 20 days left for Your 3rd Quarter Goals to be realized. Were you aware that it’s only 20 days to go? Yep, it sort of creeped up on me too!
For most businesses, the 3rd quarter is critical to the year’s success. Let’s see it if it is for you too!
3rd Quarter Awareness
- Do you have your sales slow down during the Holidays?
- Is it “difficult” to get people to purchase from you when the weather changes?
- Have you noticed a pattern of more free time and less revenue during the end of the year?
Unless you are a retail business it is pretty common to see a slight dip in revenue after the 3rd Quarter is complete. Why? Everyone gets “Holiday Head”! This typically means that they are so wrapped up in shopping and saving for shopping if the haven’t already, that you and your offerings are not a priority to them. OK, we might not like it but this is what happens!
If this is you, you need to look at things differently… your 3rd Quarter really sets the tone for the rest of your year’s production numbers. Therefore, it is even more important for you to really step up your 3rd Quarter to be rockin’! Unless you are retail, you really can’t compete with Christmas too much so it’s up to you to make your year start winding down on a very strong note. Can there be an exception? Sure!
OK, I’m thinking of one client who does both hard and soft technology business solutions for small businesses. His 4th Quarter is very busy and then his customers relax in the 1st Quarter traditionally… until we found a way to make his 1st Quarter strong 🙂 Regardless of what business you are in, there is a natural cycle. The key is to learn how to minimize the dips from bottoming out. Try the 10 Steps below and let me know your results… FYI: I know some pros do this at the end of each Quarter. … hmmm… … …
10 Steps to Complete YOUR 3rd Quarter Strong (and Secure YOUR Early 4th Quarter)
- Today, review and learn if you will meet YOUR 3rd Quarter Goals or not.
- Celebrate if you are on pace and will accomplish this. If not, follow the next steps.
- Figure out how much revenue you still need to secure to meet 3rd Quarter Goals.
- Then break that amount into how many sales you need to close.
- Breakdown that number again – into daily goals. Hint: If you have different offerings, make it a combo: (2 of A and 1 of B). Also, if you like offering B more than A, you might want to sell more Bs because if you enjoy Bs it will be much easier to sell them. Remember: you don’t have to make this torturous!
- Today or tonight, create your plan of how you are going to do this and whom you will be doing it with to secure your 3rd Quarter Goals. Hint: Again, choose people you’d like to work with to be successful. They will revitalize you each time you interact with them and it won’t feel like work at all!
- Work your plan: DAILY!
- Review your successes and your plan, DAILY, and adjust what you will do for the next day.
- Stay on task!
- Celebrate EACH success and you will become more successful.
Take time to make your 3rd Quarter efforts deliver the way you’d like them to! It’s a choice you get to make – choose wisely and you will have a fabulous year!
Send me a message in the comment section and let me know if you need further explanation on a step – I’ll share happily so you can smile 🙂
It can be all different this year…
if you plan to deliver different results in 2013!
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Business Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750 FYI: I’m in the Central Time Zone