YOUR BUSINESS RESCUE COACH ASKS YOU:
Learning anything from your year-end numbers?
What are you changing in 2013?
Some times your best planned Business Strategies just aren’t, well, the best! Don’t worry, it happens to everyone at some point. So YOUR Business Rescue Coach asks: What are you going to do about it? I hope your answer is “learn from it!” 🙂
OK, you reviewed a particular business performance topic of 2012 and realize that you didn’t accomplish what you had anticipated. Keeping in the spirit of over-simplification, let’s walk through what to do NOW to produce different results this time next year!
YOUR Business Rescue Coach’s
Business Strategy for Assessing Performance
- Write down what was your original goal for 2012.
- List why this goal was important to your overall business performance.
- Write down what your performance actually was at the end of 2012.
Mind the Gap:
- List all the reasons why you didn’t meet your goal.
- Now, review the performance of each person associated with this goal.
- Assess if each person performed their part to accomplish this goal?
Your Ah-ha Moment:
- Did your team, and you, have all the necessary training to complete your goal successfully?
- Did your team, and you, have all the necessary tools to complete your goal successfully?
- Did your team, and you, follow your plan to successfully accomplish your goal?
Action Items for Accomplished Goals in 2013:
- Create realistic, but stretch goals for 2013.
- Review what you just learned with your team and get their insights as well.
- Build your plan for 2013.
- Getting the right people assigned to the appropriate tasks.
- Creating job performance reviews to align with each person’s new tasks.
- Secure proper training for each person’s success.
- Procure proper tools to assure performance success.
- Build a communication plan to include daily/weekly updates on progress of this goal.
- Quarterly re-apply this assessment to learn how you can improve upon accomplishing this goal.
Celebrate Your Success!
- Plan a gathering at the end of 2013 to celebrate this wonderful accomplishment.
- Have fun with this and see what can happen with a committed and light-hearted approach 🙂
- Before the year is complete you should have this process completed to assure 2014’s success – your team will be enthused to participate in it because they will be experiencing ongoing successes in 2013!
Questions, comments? I’m game, let’s hear it!
LET’S START THIS NEW YEAR WITH A BANG 🙂
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Business Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750 FYI: I’m in the Central Time Zone
Blessings of Success to YOU ~
The Business Rescue Coach, Maggie Mongan
Brilliant Breakthroughs, Inc.