Make Working Fun for you and your team!
Are you tired of feeling exhausted at the end of the day?
Do you want to lighten up the atmosphere while working?
Do you feel like you are working too hard?
Even though we are in the initial weeks of the fourth quarter (Q4), which is usually a big push for the finish line of the year, we’ve been talking about getting back to some of the basics…
Slowing Down to Accelerate YOUR Business’s Success post
Defining the X-Factor of YOUR Business post
Identifying YOUR Business’s Purpose and Coupling it with YOUR Passion post
Realizing Big Dreams are delivered through Realistic Short-term Goals post
Incorporating Productive Breaks to Improve Performance post
to actually assist you in why you do what you do! That’s right, some times stepping back and reflecting just a little bit really help us remember why we do what we do 🙂 So I encourage you to click on these posts above- they are applicable to everyone at just about any moment.
And now, onto this week’s strategy: Make Working FUN!
When you make working fun is it a strategy, a tip, or a culture? Well, each business will have a different answer depending on the business’s purpose. Disney, for example, it’s a complete strategy onto itself. Any good gift shop has our make working fun engrained into its culture. Last, I’m sure we have all been to at least one restaurant which utilizes working fun to motivate their staff to provide excellent service.
How do you apply Make Working Fun to YOUR Business?
WARNING: Do NOT make working fun into an arduous task!!!
Make it fun to find ways to make working fun 🙂
- Assure a majority of your work involves solving problems which you enjoy resolving
- Find a new word and use it in a sentence – share it and wait for the reaction
- Work with people you enjoy being with
- Find music to uplift your attitude
- Spontaneously break out into dance or song (who cares if someone is looking!)
- Have a potluck lunch with team or friends in the office
- Share a joke
- Express your gratitude to someone who helps you
- Buy a new “desk toy”
- Decorate your office with appropriate holiday decor
- Create a “Wear your Slippers to Work Day”
- Call someone and sing to them when they say “hello”
Now we have plenty of ideas to make working fun for you and your team to help you through Q4’s push! So why don’t you share with us (in the comment section) which one you are going to implement right away and/or even add another one to the list 🙂
It can be all different this year…if you plan to deliver different results in 2013!
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Business Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750 FYI: I’m in the Central Time Zone