Hope everyone enjoyed your mid-summer weekend!
I had a fabulous opportunity late this past week to welcome my nephew Jasper Xavier into the family. As I held him, I began to think about how his life is filled with endless possibilities. Then I began to think about how all our lives are- except we tend to forget this from time to time.
Of course, you know where I went next: business. That’s right… what are the endless possibilities of my business? … your business? Close you eyes for a moment and dream, big! What do you see? Feel free to share it in the comments box 🙂
Peter Drucker, the modern father of business, advises us to ask this question every day, “What is our business?” Ultimately, defining this answer will allow you to have a competitive advantage in your marketplace. Just in case you haven’t noticed, I am a strong supporter of this theory! So let’s share relevant story about this:
The United States Post Service (USPS) wasn’t prepared to do this self-discovery, instead they allowed UPS and FedEx to enter into the market and take the industry lead on time-sensitive deliveries. What did USPS do? The reaction, because they didn’t have the Purpose and Vision of their business well defined, was essential non-existent to these new competitors. Essentially, they rolled over while the competition took their marketshare and lead position in the marketplace for these particular deliveries. USPS now follows the marketplace leader and even lost a share of regular mailings to these competitors-yikes!
Warning: don’t let this happen to you 🙂 Duh! but we don’t realize that the reason this does happen is because business owners and leaders are not asking this question, “What is our business?”, daily. Here’s what I got when I asked, “What’s is my business?”:
1. My business is about helping Business Owners and Leaders learn how to become effective Strategists, which includes development and implementation of appropriate actions to support new strategies.
2. I teach my clients how to make beneficial and profitable decisions and strategies-regardless of their title.
3. My approach is to teach Business Owners and Leaders how to become their own business’s strategist versus making them dependent upon another for their strategic development.
4. My vision is to swiftly impart this wisdom to Business Owners and Leaders so they can be in command of their own destiny.
Questions for YOU:
1. What business are you in? OR, What is your business all about?
2. How do you do your business?
3. What improvement do you provide your client?
4. What is your vision?
NOTE: If you know the answers to any of these questions or have some insights coming through on your way to “the answer”, please share! We can all learn from each other 🙂
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750 FYI: I’m in the Central Time Zone
Blessings of Success to YOU ~
The Business Rescue Coach, Maggie Mongan
Brilliant Breakthroughs, Inc.