Overwhelmed? Out of balance? Does everyone and everything want a piece of you?
Last week we identified the 3 overarching areas that every Business Owner or Leader must be diligent about balancing:
First Leg: Your Personal Development
Second Leg: Your Business Development
Third Leg: Your Professional Development
Today we are going to focus on your Personal Development…
This is all about strengthening and supporting yourself to live a more balanced personal life. Let’s remember, for simplicity and application’s sake, we always over-simplify here 🙂
I acknowledge there is a whole sector of Life Coaches who dedicate themselves to this work. The perspective I take regarding Personal Development is: focusing on balance to move business owners and professionals from survival to thrival, which will allow the business to be wildly successful and insanely profitable! Ready?
Being a business owner of professional is “All about showing up like a rock star”. How you and the rock star may differ is you need to be consistent in showing up and performing your best! Just as a rock star, you need to be in great physical condition. That’s right, take care of your body. Without your body being capable of getting you around, you performing at high levels is impeded upon significantly.
Rock stars also need to have a healthy emotional and mental well being – huh!?!? Well, us folks in business aren’t pardoned for not having these two in check at all times, are we? Being mentally tough and emotionally stable is beneficial to your business because your business needs you to come into work with minimal distractions – there’s already enough interference throughout the day from the business to get you side-tracked. Be your best friend and get a best friend (or several) to do a little playtime with so you are emotionally and physically rejuvenated 🙂 That’s right, I’m encouraging more recess time!!!
OK, some rock stars have this, and others don’t… faith. Regardless of your belief system, a vast majority of successful business pros attribute there success to their strong faithwalk – traditional religion or spiritual. There is so much to say about this and I am deciding to leave it for another post.
Last, rock stars tend to have their finances under control. What? Well, some of the famous celebs now do, and we realize many don’t. Financial maturity for business pros is important so you can focus on important tasks versus putting all your energy into figuring out where your next buck is coming from.
You, your family, and your business deserve the best you can offer.
Show up like the super-star you are in your life and I know you will
show up like the super-star you are in your business 🙂
Action Items for building a balance table for your business to thrive:
To have a strong first leg for your table, let’s focus on strengthening the points of your imbalances or gaps/lack, for Your Personal Development.
1. Take a sheet of paper and make four columns (Physical, Emotional/Mental, Spiritual, Financial).
2. Under the appropriate column, write the things you would like to improve upon from last week’s post or anything else that you would like to strengthen.
3. Underline each item that will take you a more than 6 months to accomplish.
4. Circle each item that will take you 3-6 months to accomplish.
5. Put a star next to the items you can accomplish in the next 90 days.
6. Starting this week, create appointments in your calendar to begin immediate actions to accomplish your 90 day goals. Build them into your calendar for the next 90 days.
7. With every item you circled, look at your calendar and begin to build in the action items you need to take to accomplish them in the next 3-6 months. Build your plan write into appointments with yourself for success 🙂
8. All the underlined items need to move into action now – even if baby-steps. Rome was not built in a day, and neither will your success… Plan, and diligently work your plan to get the results you seek! If you want to make the shift, give it the priority of your time that it needs to be successful – for you 🙂
The key to building balance into your life is that it happens, bit by bit, day by day. Remember, it’s a great journey that brings you to greatness; so let’s enjoy it! (Give yourself the time you need to make this happen. If you do, you will be amazed at how totally awesome your success story will be.)
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Business Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750 FYI: I’m in the Central Time Zone
Blessings of Success to YOU ~
The Business Rescue Coach, Maggie Mongan
Brilliant Breakthroughs, Inc.