Continuation from yesterday’s posting…
Remember dating, and how much you liked to be courted? Well business acquaintances like this too! There’s plenty of statistics out there revealing it is necessary for you to have a great deal of contact (typically, at least seven times) before they will consider purchasing from you. Amazing, isn’t it?!?! Anything purchasing decision that occurs prior to that is considered a miracle.
Recap: Yesterday we spoke of marketing at least half your day (even when business is strong). Additionally, marketing a full day when business is slow (“stoking the fires” as they say). Now I realize this all makes no sense whatsoever, but experience and research supports this truth!
Remember that half a day of marketing nugget I shared? It’s all about courting people or in sales they call it “filling your pipeline” (of sales). Typically, most people won’t purchase from you the first time you interface because the trust-factor isn’t developed yet. So, you need to be appropriately “courting” all your folks as to where they are in your marketing process and what matches their needs…. in case you haven’t figured it out, this takes a while – a good while!
Think of your sales process, with a minimum of a 3 month courting period (this time period is about allowing your potential customer to move to a position for them to say “YES” to you) or one that can stretch out to 9 months depending on what product/service you offer. If you knew that every sale you were going to make involved a 90 day courting process wouldn’t you be eager to make the first step as soon as possible? I would! A great deal can happen in 90 days and why would you allow your potential customer to be distracted with other ploys from the competition or life’s little events? Even if they become distracted you still may have an advantage being their “Steady Eddie” or “Old Reliable” that is always there courting them – and ready to serve 🙂
So other than realizing that you need to conduct a great deal more marketing and networking than you are already doing (which was my clue from yesterday’s posting)… Ah, I’ll stop here and go to Clues and Questions now!
1. I need to identify my courting time period for clarity’s sake.
2. I need to create a courting process which aligns with my Purpose, Vision, & Mission Statements.
3. I need to create a system which will assure providing a favorable and authentic experience of who I am and how I work (aka: The Business Rescue Coach’s Experience) as I am courting my potential clients.
Questions for YOU:
1. How long is your typical courting time period?
2. Does your courting experience reflect your business’s Purpose, Vision, and Mission Statements?
3. Is your courting process or pipeline activities systematized and yet personal enough to pique interest?
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750 FYI: I’m in the Central Time Zone
Blessings of Success to YOU ~
The Business Rescue Coach, Maggie Mongan
Brilliant Breakthroughs, Inc.