YOUR Business X-Factor Matters
Do you know what YOUR X-Factor for success is?
Do you wish you knew how to make YOUR X-Factor work for you?
Are you curious how you can magnify YOUR Business’s X-Factor?
The other day I was reflecting upon a previous position I held for many years as an Executive Recruiter. What lead me there is I was thinking about attracting the right people to your business whether it’s staff or customers. Then I recalled a conversation I had with another senior manager about assessing talent to bring aboard. …Hang tight, I’m getting to how this helps you with YOUR Business X-Factor…
I very distinctly recalled the conversation: we were discussing the fact that the industry has a high turn-over rate, but why? We had an awesome training program, but still many couldn’t proceed past the probationary period. Why? It was clear – they didn’t have the right stuff. I remember I wrote this down on a small piece of paper.. “The right stuff? What is it? What is the X-Factor to a recruiter’s success?” and then a couple of notes after this. Boy, we really tried hard to figure that one out! FYI: this small piece of paper jumped out of a book during the summer months to help me remember to share this with you 🙂
And this is where we become relevant: What is YOUR Personal X-Factor?
- What is YOUR “Right Stuff”?
- What makes you, as a person, superbly awesome?
- What is your winning formula?
These answers reveal to you what assists you to consistently show up in a really good way. OK, stay with me – it’s worth it!
Step 2: What is YOUR Business X-Factor?
- What supports your business to show up in a really good way? One answer should be you 🙂
- What is it that your business does differently?
Most likely there are plenty of businesses that do something somewhat similar to what your business offers. HOWEVER, they don’t do it the same way at all! And this is what differentiates you from the rest! This is a very large portion of YOUR Business’s X-Factor – of course coupled with your personal X-Factor 🙂
- In what way is your product, offering, or how you approach your customers tweaked from what others do?
- What twist do you automatically provide?
- What is the secret sauce you infuse into your offerings and the manner in which you serve your customers?
- What’s the one (or three) thing that everyone enjoys about interacting with you?
Step 3: Magnify YOUR Business’s X-Factor
Now you are really going to laugh at this answer, but I promise it’s the truth!!!
TELL EVERYONE WHAT YOUR X-FACTOR IS!!!
- Tell everyone you meet
- Infuse your awesomeness into your blog
- Share in your conversations what (X-Factor) supports your success rate and how
- Remember to make it obvious on your website
- Remember to have it demonstrated in each presentation you give
- Make it part of your marketing signature
- Never forget to “serve it up” for others to experience
Yes, this is the over-simplified list to magnify your X-Factor. Now, think about how you are going to do this… it is a very powerful strategy to your Business’s Success 🙂 Over the next couple of weeks you will see how I’m begin to do this in my marketplace (and right here on this site over the next couple of whiles). Yes, I figured it out and will be revealing for everyone to experience! May you have just as much fun as you start to dive into this for yourself and YOUR Business too.
It can be all different this year…
if you plan to deliver different results in 2013!
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Business Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750 FYI: I’m in the Central Time Zone