TODAY’S BUSINESS STRATEGY:
Lessons from Coach Vince Lombardi
Do you know some of Vince Lombardi’s inspiring quotes?
Are you taking time to learn of a champion’s struggles and successes?
YOUR Business Strategy today is to start taking time to learn from a champion regarding what they did to become a champion. Why? Champions come in many shapes and sizes and they hold valuable information to help us improve our performance! Ladies, as tempting as it may be, don’t stop reading – there’s plenty of practical and applicable info here to support success…
Yesterday our VP called me and wanted to quiz me about why it was such a noteworthy day. I wasn’t quite sure, but I was pretty sure it had something to do with The Green Bay Packers champion performance I could hear the enthusiasm and passion in the tone of his voice. I was lacking on correct answer, I was so close, but didn’t quite get it… Yesterday would have been Coach Vince Lombardi’s 100th Birthday. In Wisconsin, this comes pretty close to a holiday 🙂
Coach Vince Lombardi was the first Coach to win a Super Bowl for the Green Bay Packers. He started the organization’s win record with great zest for excellent performance… performance of a champion. He motivated his players from the locker room, sidelines, and when he was with reporters. Even when he was casually walking, he was inspiring others with his great wisdom. That’s probably why many fans in Wisconsin call him Saint Vince Lombardi, the Coach 🙂
We are going to do a little something different today. I’m just going to share some of Coach Vince Lombardi’s quotes for you to experience. Select one of two and allow them to guide you through summer (until the football season kicks-off)!
Ode to Coach Vince Lombardi: A Champion of Champions
- “Winning isn’t everything, but the will to win is everything.”
- “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.”
- “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”
- “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can.”
- “Success demands singleness of purpose.”
- “Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.”
- “Inches make a champion.”
- “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”
- “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.”
- “Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.”
- “Winning is not a sometime thing, it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
- “All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means… you’re willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else.”
- “If you can accept losing, you can’t win.”
Also, there is a very famous short writing–a motivational speech by Coach Vince Lombardi, “What it Takes to be Number One”. This is excellent and I have it printed up and read it from time to time when I need to shift into performing like a champion. Take time to read it, you won’t regret it!
Thanks to our Champion of Coaches, Vince Lombardi, we have plenty of awesome quotes to work with for the rest of the summer (really until football season is in full swing)!
Which quote motivated you the most?
Feel free to Leave a Reply & Comment so we can all help eachother build Brilliant Businesses 🙂
It can be all different this year…
if you plan to deliver different results in 2013!
If you or your business needs rescuing on this particular topic
or any other Business Strategies we have been discussing,
please reach out to Maggie (262) 716.7750